Moving and Handling of People
One Day Course
Length: One Day
Our very popular one day and half day handling courses has established Ergoway as one of the leading providers of training across all sectors. We specialise in contextualizing learning events to meet individual and organisational need. The example below is for a one day induction course, but we can deliver a range of moving and handling people courses
The Aim... To familiarise staff with the relevant moving and handling legislation relating to safe practices – general principles and application in care settings. Raise awareness of safe practice, practice safe techniques, and identify need for further assessment from appropriately qualified team members. Familiarise with equipment used to manage a range of moving & handling equipment – transfer aids, hoists/slings etc.
By completing these sessions participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of essential moving and handling legislation in care/community settings.
- Be more aware of safe moving and handling practices – back care awareness.
- Be able to describe the risk assessment process where moving and handling of people applies.
- Learn and demonstrate practical awareness of moving and handling techniques to safely manage equipment/loads and personal moving and handling in care settings. Safe transfers from seated and when to assist and how to assist. Falls & how to assist.
- Learn and demonstrate use of standard equipment prescribed by others – e.g. slide sheets, transfer belts, transfer boards, hoists etc. and need to refer for these.
- Identify situations which require more specialist advice and refer on as appropriate.